Be a Supporter!

Rated 5 / 5 stars November 21, 2012

Sick.

jarrydn responds:

cheers brah :)

somewhat, a loom somewhat, a loom

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars October 22, 2008

Cool flippy

The score is way too low on this track. I guess people aren't giving it a chance or aren't able to appreciate it... I do though - I thought it was a trippy little head groove. Damn nice.

snoballandthmonyshot responds:

alright old chap, i knew u would.
what is dis score u speak of?

gramc&sidle gramc&sidle

Rated 5 / 5 stars October 22, 2008

Noisalicious an' Dirtiffic

Fuxxin slick track. Got a great new-school fusiony feel to it - if that makes any sense... Really nice work all around.

thanks old boy

Unnamed! Unnamed!

Rated 4 / 5 stars July 23, 2008

Hmmmm....

As far as timbres go, I'm liking everything except the kit you used for the percussion. Also, not really hip-hoppy... feels a little too upbeat for hip-hop and a little too laid back for anything else really...

Still, nice that you're mixing up a few styles.

A few minor mastering issues here - again, a low cut would clean things up and a limiter would prevent any unintentional digital distortion. I think you may want to experiment a little with multiple compressors. Compress the drums on their own to thicken them up, then run everything through a second compressor and make a few tweaks to your levels to get everything to gel a bit tighter.

Decent work for NG - -=4/5=-

SREvol responds:

good idea with the 2 compressors, i never thought of doing it that way. a note on the limiter: a tend to stay away from anything that ends in izer or iter :P using limiters and sizers in my opinion destroy the sounds especially if you have a peaking db sound like the "sci-fi echo" sounds at the start. a low cut is needed and probably an envolope filter on the 3rd kick and 2nd snare which are a tad too sharp. :( thanks for the 4, it was generous :P

Stutter Piano Stutter Piano

Rated 4 / 5 stars July 23, 2008

Agreed with the last reviewer

Very nice chop job but this could have been so much more with the addition of some really heavy drums in an IDM-ish style.

As is, it sounds like an arp experiment or work in progress but that's all cool.

I'm voting 4 on this because I really liked the direction you were headed but I felt that it fell short without percussion and it ends really abruptly - almost sounds unintentional and I was teetering towards a 3.5 but since that isn't an option I'll round it up :)

-=4/5=-

SREvol responds:

lol yeah, i understand what you mean. after i had done the piano the arp and stutter work left me so tired the idea of doing it all again with more layers and everything for drums was exhausting. i definitely want to revisit this and finish it, but it was such an effort. i'm thinking of using the piano riff, taking out the stutter and just creating a stutter pattern combinator and rewiring it through massive and using massive to alter the low and highpass without affecting the choir and then layering a drum sample over it so i only have to arp one layer lol. pretty lazy thing to job and unlikely way to get ultimate results!

i was also thinking o changing the piano so a popcorn style lead and the choir to a 3 way malstrom reese. if i synced the break of the lead and bass then so the silence was at the same time i could easily fill it with an IDM drum break. i dunno, maybe this could be out collab :P

{PBJ}Chapter One{PBJ} {PBJ}Chapter One{PBJ}

Rated 5 / 5 stars June 10, 2008

All sorts of nice stuff here.

Nice job on this - laid back, chilled out and catchy. I see a few peeps have mentioned vox - they may be right - vocals could take this track from a damn fine piece of bg music to a radio hit. Then again if the vocal suck they could sink it.

Something to be said for simplicity I guess. This is really easy to listen to.

Do this again, then again, and fame will be yours!

-=5/5=-

pitbulljones responds:

you are so true in what you say in that last few lines. Simplicity does work, but its not through just being simple i came about this. It works well as you've noticed and well yea it's darn catchy, alas i change my style constantly so i doubt its gonna happen again, though i do have high hopes for the compete version of chapter two when it's complete, a wip is now up on site. Sorry about the delay in replying, working ruins me and any free time is generally spent drunk. take it easy and thank you for the kind words.

pbj

apeman apeman

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars February 3, 2008

Always love listening to your work

Great job - nice bit of chill. Left one point for improvement though - Not sure what helpful advice I could give right now but a little more variation on the drums after about the first minute couldn't hurt. Just a bit though - I don't think you need to go overboard with anything crazy... maybe just change up every fourth bar a bit more. At this point, the following suggestion is almost cliché but perhaps a few triplet stutters here and there might be cool. Overused? yeah probably - but I still think they're cool just the same.

Two other things you may want to try - the bass from about 1:40 to the end is great as is but a slow morph from 1:40 to 3:10 could give it more of a sense of evolution - same with the synth that we hear from 2:40 through the end - try morphing the cut and/or res a bit and see what happens.

Play with the drone that starts in at 1:47 - a little gate action could add some interest - or perhaps one better - run this bitch through a sequenced gated multiband compressor or some other such rythmic choppity toy.

Aside from that, the only other thing that I can think of that would make this better would be to rename the track "LJCoffee is my hero" :D

Thanks for making my life a little more interesting with your music!

long time ler...
thanks for the listen and advice.
the new version is coming along nicely, added muchos variation to the drums and some other subtle messes in the first half.
haven't touched the second half yet but i was thinking along the lines you mentioned to give it a little more movement also am gonna try and builp it up and open this section into something epic, have to see how it goes.
nice1
;ped

Furious Fists Furious Fists

Rated 0 / 5 stars December 16, 2007

Not Drum and Bass - Also, copyright infringement

No score or vote assigned. This is definitely not Drum and Bass. You're lucky you didn't catch an instant audio ban for the clip of "Countin' Flowers On The Wall" at the end.

I suggest that you immediately remove this submission - or at the very least, edit it to remove the section at the end. If you don't, you not only risk getting this track deleted but if word gets back to Wade about it you could have your entire account deleted as well...

JacksonTheAlt responds:

Changed ending and genre... Still, do you like it or not?

Rucklo - Chiptune Jingle Bells Rucklo - Chiptune Jingle Bells

Rated 5 / 5 stars December 11, 2007

0'n/e O:f t=He bes^T tAke+S 1've hE`ARd!!

Seriously - this is EXACTLY the type of thing that I had in mind when I posted the MAC.

Work in progress or not - this was so much more than a generic midi rip. This is almost too good to enter. I'm not even kidding - if you entered the MAC with this you'd almost be a shoe-in to win and I don't want to listen to people crying about favoritism or rigged contests! heh...

Awesome job Ruck! this was completely bad-ass!

!-=5/5=-!

Rucklo responds:

When you mentioned the contest, I had actually started to fool around with some 8-bit sounds, so I figured what the hell, let's throw in an x-mas melody and SCHWHOOOP.
I do want to finnish it, and I will try to (even if I won't make it until the conttest close)... It was really fun to make it this far, feels like I got back in a pair of old favoured shoes, somehow. :)

Heroe Worship Heroe Worship

Rated 5 / 5 stars December 10, 2007

Loved it - much respect!

Solid work as usual. I don't think you went overboard with the vocals at all.

Great job - all of it gels very nicely and that's not easy considering how many different sonds you were working with.

Of course, I have a fondness for patches with an LFO on the pitch. It always sounds so sick.

Mix is not bad at all - left as is, it has a damn nice feel to it - but I also think that punching up the vocals a bit more might make for a more "radio friendly" mix.

I gotta tell you :Ped, you're probably my favorite artist lately and it's exactly this kind of shit that keeps you on solid ground in that area.

..!-=5/5=-!..

snoballandthmonyshot responds:

cheers for the feedback amigo...
as they say in france, you are the man
;ped