Little Man Little Man

Nice tune. do we know each other? I could swear I've dealt with a MrChambers before somewhere...

I like the overall ambience. I also really like the diminuendo on the kick at about 40 some-odd seconds into the almost half-time rhythm. Seriously, it's a very simple technique that makes me wonder why I haven't used it more. My one critique would be that it may have been more effective if used just a few bars later in the piece - or - a follow up with a cresc. molto to bring that 4x4 feel back for a moment before a final dim. molto just before the final 4 bars.

Either way - the track is pretty solid.

btw - I got here by following a "you might also like..." link from one of my own tunes (whizzamarroo) but I think the algorithm is flawed as the two tracks, while sharing a common tag (electronic), really aren't very similar.

Nice work - I'd like to hear more.

-Rusty Desert Zone- -Rusty Desert Zone-

Could've come from any number of 80s stand-up arcade titles or any number of super-famicon cartridges. Loops perfectly. In fact, I didn't even notice the loop the first time around.

As VG tunes go, this is top-notch. I really dig the triplets and while they are very often used in modern trap, a lot of older video game tunes also tended to use them as well. Overall, it's a modern piece that channels nostalgia in a fairly elegant way.

Oh btw - hi there, Im LJC - nice to meet you and all that. I used to be prolific in the AP way back in the day but I haven't been very active for years. I'm really glad to see new (and talented) faces around these parts of the webernet.

Keep this up!

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Thank you very much for your review!
I can't believe I'm getting such a positive review from a talented person like yourself.
Nice to meet you, too, by the way. I'm glad to see you still make some music here and there, you're never too old to produce good tunes. I notice that you don't stick to any particular style, you just do whatever. I like that, it leaves you open to wider possibilities.

Pitbulljones- Lost Demo 2 Pitbulljones- Lost Demo 2

Yes, I like this. I do think that it's worth re-creating if you are at all able to. If not a direct remake, then a re-interpretation at the very least. This has a fairly ... cinematic feel. I would describe it as having a bit of an 80s vibe with 90's percussive bits.

I like most of it - If you're open to suggestion, I would move the eighth note in the melodic bass line an eighth note earlier. Sorry, I know that's probably both confusing and presumptuous but I'm kinda like that I suppose.

If you decide to re-create this and would like to work together on it, I'd love to help.

Freddie Brazil & Pitbulljones- The Contract (2001) Freddie Brazil & Pitbulljones- The Contract (2001)

This reminds me of something - what it is, I'm not sure but it's got a good feel.

Again - hard to capture great audio on sub-par equipment but your work is damn decent man.

I'd like to hear a revisit but I know how that goes - getting back around to an older project is so hard sometimes. I hope you continue to record.

Reviewing older works is hard because there were so many little things that could go wrong back in the day and often the only surviving recordings are in less than ideal condition but this is better than a lot of newer junk. I think it holds up.

I Love Lamp- Ring the Bells (Cover) Live I Love Lamp- Ring the Bells (Cover) Live

So, I gotta say, I'm really impressed. Live audio is always so difficult and I can appreciate the talent even if the audio isn't engineered to 32nd triplets and back. Not that the recording is bad mind you - it is actually really good considering the iPhone and all. All in all, I like it and I hope you had as much fun recording it as I did listening to it!

Le Petit Mort Le Petit Mort

Aahh, the little death. The tiny quiet void. That deafening moment of silence. Nice work. By all means, continue.

bluebooblue responds:

Thanks a lot LJCoffee! I had no idea why I wrote lyrics like this one when I made it, but it was interesting to make something darkish/electroniccccc

Gravity Falls Opening Remix Gravity Falls Opening Remix

Dubchip salad.

[S_Rock] Fat [S_Rock] Fat

Grimy and raw - this is a nice track. You have talent - I'm digging the grease. That's a good thing.

S-Rock responds:

tyvm :) it's much appreciated.

-Love & Radio Nights- -Love & Radio Nights-

sort of an 80's-ish psuedo-j-pop throwback vibe happening in here... Jeez, did we go to high-school together or something? John Hughes would approve.

bluebooblue responds:

Ahhhhh your description is better than mine hahahaha, I'm glad you like it! I don't know if we did I'm actually 22 how old are you?
aahaha thanks for listening and this comment!!

Formant Destiny Formant Destiny

lots of nifty sticky trippy bits in here. I likes it a lot.